Students in Marine Science have many opportunities to participate in research in Hawaii and elsewhere under different programs.
- All Marine Science faculty are leading active research in a wide array of marine science disciplines.
- There are many paid internship programs for Marine Science students to work on faculty research during the summer or regular semesters, such as Pacific Internship Programs for Exploring Science
- Faculty also support Graduate Research for students enrolled in UH Hilo's Tropical Conservation Biology and Environmental Sciences
- Faculty Projects
- UH Hilo Analytical Lab
- Hawai'i Cooperative Fishery Research Unit
- Multiscale Environmental Graphical Analysis (MEGA) Lab
- Hawai'i Coral Health Atlas
- Hawaiian Fishponds (Loko I’a) of Keaukaha
- Scanning Electron Microscope Lab
- Surface Currents of Hilo Bay
- Hilo Bay Water Quality Buoy
- Pelekane Bay Water Quality Buoy
- Keahole Point Observation Buoy